Saturday, March 29, 2008

Obama, Bush library Design contest and B52's (of course)

What I'm reading, hearing, seeing and thinking about March 23 - March 29, 2008:
What I'm reading:
A great article here from Spencer Ackerman of The American Prospect writing an editorial on The Obama Doctrine, which lays out in a concise and well researched way how Obama is offering a change in foreign policy and providing an opportunity for an approach to foreign relations that hasn't been seen in 40 years. The best quote, and perhaps the reason that I think Obama is the best opportunity for US leadership this November comes from Obama at the January 31 Debate when he said:
" ...I want to end the mind-set that got us into war in the first place"
---
What I'm Seeing:
The Chronicle for High Education has opened up it's truly brilliant "Back of the Envelope design contest" asking readers to come up with designs for the George Bush Presidential library scheduled to be built at Southern Methodist University. The designs run the range from whimsical to angry, all of them taking stabs at Bush 43. I can't describe each of the wild clever ideas, outside of the one submission including the "Underground Cheney Lair" You can view some of the designs and vote for your favorite here. Don't forget to check out the Chronicles Video talking about the contest!

What I'm Hearing:
Don't miss the PBS/Frontline documentary "bush's war" that you can view online. An excellent exhaustive chronology of lies, half truths and manipluation from the Bush administration over the past 5 years.
----
For fun I'm totally into the Great B52 new single "FUNPLEX" Damn them how can you not love :
Faster Pussycat
Thrill!
Thrill!
I'm at the mall on a diet pill"


No comments: